Christmas mince delight. Yes I have used the word delight as Christmas mince is only made once a year in our house and at a time when the kids are super excited for Christmas. What a delight!
There are so many things you can do with Christmas mince. However the first thing is to know how to make Christmas mince, so we have attached a very simple Christmas mince recipe for you below.
Do you often have left over Christmas mince? If so, here are the things you can make with Christmas mince
- Christmas Mince pies – make it with the kids. If you buy already made sheets of sweet pastry, all you have to do is get the kids to cut out circle shapes for the bottom of the muffin tins and maybe a star shape for the lids. Our kids love to help. Check out our Munch Christmas Mince pies here.
- Christmas Mince topping on ice cream – you might like to add a bit of water and reduce it further down so that it becomes
- Make a tart out of the Christmas Mince
- Crumble bars
- Keep your Christmas Mince for next year – yes it will last if you keep it safe
- Read more here for further ideas for your Christmas Mince.
Merry Christmas to you all xx
Super easy Christmas mince to use for all sorts of yummy Christmas delights. Christmas mince is under rated these days as many people prefer a chocolate or vanilla flavour. But a fruity Christmas mince is wholesome and creates a wonderful homely feeling for the taste buds. Well that is in my opinion!
250 g dried prunes
250 g raisins
100 g dates
125 g dried cranberries
175 g butter
175 g brown sugar
175 mls golden syrup
125 mls of a mixture of port and whisky
In a medium saucepan or pot combine all the fruit including the orange zest and juice, butter, sugar, golden syrup, spices, and heat until this reaches a gentle simmer.
Simmer for ten minutes.
Remove from the heat and let it cool for at least half an hour. This will let the flavours develop and the fruits soak up it all up.
This fruit mixture is delicious on its own with ice cream or cream or both, since its Christmas.
Note this recipe serves 2 cups.