The Good Facemask brought to you by Munch - doing our little bit to protect you and to keep the vulnerable in work.
Our unique production team have pivoted to making you beautiful facemasks to help the fight against Covid 19. This enables them to stay in work and help our people at the same time.
This started as a small project to assist with combating the virus and enabling our Homework force to stay employed. We are now producing 1000's a week and our team are very proud to be making these masks for New Zealand.
#TheGoodFacemasks are sewn by our award winning Homework force and we use our beautiful New Zealand designed fabrics. The elastic, nose pieces and webbing tape are manufactured right here in New Zealand.
We want our masks to be affordable to all. We have priced them so that we as a company are taking a minimal profit, paying our workers fairly and keeping it affordable for New Zealanders. This is not about money, this is about 'doing our little bit for NZ'.
But remember wearing a face mask does not guarantee that you won’t get sick – viruses can also transmit through the eyes and tiny viral particles, known as aerosols and aerosols can penetrate masks in a variety of ways.
Basic hygiene measures are the most important way to stop the spread of infections, including the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Basic hygiene measures include:
- hand hygiene – that is, washing hands regularly with soap and water, or cleansing with hand sanitiser
- staying at home if you are sick
- coughing or sneezing into a tissue or your elbow and then performing hand hygiene
- cleaning surfaces regularly.
However the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), such as face masks can contribute to the reduction of spread of infection when used correctly and in the appropriate context. (Ministry of Health).
Our masks have surgical ties that help hold the mask nice and tight to your face, a wire nose piece so it fits tightly to your nose and the 3 layer filter system.
Each mask comes with a tested filter to be used once. These filters can be purchased separately here. However the mask can be used without a filter or simply with a filter from the average kitchen paper towel.
- Please ensure you wash the mask before use.
- Please ensure you follow the instruction card carefully
- This is not a medical mask
- 100% reusable and washable
- 100% made in NZ (excluding the filter)
- Our unique organic patterned fabric
- 3 layer filter system
- Surgical ties to fit the face well and molding around the nose
Our mask is not intended to replace surgical face masks and it not PPE certified. The filter is tested in house by our Supplier but as a whole has not been tested.