The #goodfacemask brought to you by Munch - doing our little bit to protect you and our community while bringing purposeful work to our homework team of sewists and makers.
- 3 layer mask
- Open sourced design by a Dr in Hong Kong
- 100% reusable and washable
- 100% made in New Zealand (excluding the filter)
- Fun unique organic patterns
- 3 layer filter system
- Attachable surgical ties to fit the face well. You can remove these ties if you do not wish to use them.
- NZ made flat nose wire so can be molded close to the face (great bonus if you wear glasses)
- Our mask is not intended to replace surgical face masks and it is not PPE certified - the filters are tested but as a whole three layer mask it has not been tested.
Each mask comes with a free filter to be used once. These types of filters can be purchased separately here.
Adult large (approx)
Mask =18.5cm (nose to chin), 37cm (back of ear to back of ear)
Adult medium (approx)
Mask = 16cm (nose to chin), 34cm (back of ear to back of ear)
Child one size (approx)
Mask = 15cm (nose to chin), 32cm (back of ear to back of ear)
Ear to ear measurement includes the elastic measure.
The above sizes are approximate as it may change due to fabric and the different home sewers we work with. If you are finding that it is to big, we suggest you tie knots in the elastic to bring the mask closer to your face. Also if you use the attachable ties that will bring your mask closer to your face too.
Please hand wash your mask. If you are going to machine wash your mask make sure you put it in a laundry bag to protect the attachable surgical ties. Also don't forget to wash your mask in a hot wash before using them as there will be some shrinkage.
MORE GOVERNMENT ISSUED GUIDELINES
Guidelines on hygiene and using face coverings:
- Please ensure you wash the mask before use
- Before using it make sure you have washed your hands
- Please ensure you follow the instruction card carefully
- If instructions are not followed carefully the mask can do more damage than good
- Once mask is on your face, do not touch it again
- When you take off the mask, clean immediately and wash your hands
Basic measures are the most important way to stop the spread of infections. This includes:
- hand hygiene – that is, washing hands regularly with soap and water, or cleansing with hand sanitiser
- staying at home if you are sick
- coughing or sneezing into a tissue or your elbow and then performing hand hygiene
- cleaning surfaces regularly
However the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), such as face masks can contribute to the reduction of the spread of infection when used correctly and in the appropriate context. (Ministry of Health)
MASK BAG - Our #The Good Facemask carry bag is perfect for your Facemasks. Put your clean ones in the bag ready for you to carry. As soon as you wash your mask you need to ensure it is placed in a bag so that it cannot be contaminated. Then once you have taken your mask off after using it, it is super important not to contaminate other items or people, so you can pop it in our sealable bag until you are able to wash it and the bag.
- Protects your mask from contamination
- Useful size to carry in your bag
- Easy to wash just pop in your washing machine
- Simple and stylish with black on the outside and fun red on the inside
Sized 20cm (unrolled) x 12cm
Ethically made in New Zealand
Our packs of filters are for#thegoodfacemask as an option for the middle layer insert.
A New Zealand wool based respiratory filter which provides high level of protection when correctly deployed, at exceptionally low breathing resistance. Helix technology was scientifically developed by Lanaco to provide respiratory protection using a natural product as an alternative to hard to breathe through synthetic filters. helix.so is a light weight derivative of industrially proven helix technology as used by global PPE makers, and even chosen by NASA.
- Low breathing resistance and high comfort makes use a joy rather than a drudge.
- Light comfortable and soft
- The helix® filters designed to give 80% filtration at 0.3 microns in size at normal breathing rates.
- Uses New Zealand wool as the key ingredient, a more sustainable product.
- Naturally bacteria resistant
- Highly efficient at catching invisible particles.
- New Zealand made and trusted
- Disposable, single use only
Important note - always wash your hands before you touch the filters. When you remove them from your mask make sure you dispose of them immediately and then wash your hands again.
Our mask is not intended to replace surgical face masks and it is not PPE certified. The wool filter inserts are tested in house by our supplier but as a whole it has not been tested. Inserts do not meet N95 standards but are designed to give 80% filtration of 0.3micron size at normal breathing rates. Please see lanco.co.nz for more details.
Wearing a face mask certainly does not guarantee that you won’t get sick – viruses can also transmit through the eyes and tiny viral particles, known as aerosols and aerosols can penetrate masks in a variety of ways.
Basic hygiene measures are the most important way to stop the spread of infections. Basic hygiene measures include:
hand hygiene – that is, washing hands regularly with soap and water, or cleansing with hand sanitiser
staying at home if you are sick
coughing or sneezing into a tissue or your elbow and then performing hand hygiene
cleaning surfaces regularly.
Sized approx. 11cm x 18cm