The Good Facemask by MunchMunch
The #goodfacemask brought to you by Munch - doing our little bit to protect you and to keep the vulnerable in work.
Basic measures are the most important way to stop the spread of infections. This includes:
- hand hygiene – that is, washing hands regularly with soap and water, or cleansing with hand sanitiser
- staying at home if you are sick
- coughing or sneezing into a tissue or your elbow and then performing hand hygiene
- cleaning surfaces regularly
However the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), such as face masks can contribute to the reduction of the spread of infection when used correctly and in the appropriate context. (Ministry of Health)
How it helpsOur reusable face masks help to:
- Reduce anxiety levels when visiting essential services or outdoors
- Minimizes face touching
- If you are unwell or you do not know you are unwell, it will capture droplets and therefore protect others
- Protects our environment as the good facemask is reusable and washable rather than destined for landfill after one use
It is very important to note that this type of mask does not protect the wearer from particles from entering the nose, mouth or eyes. The primary purpose is minimise face touching. If we can minimise the transfer of particles from our hands to our face we may help to lower the risk of acquiring the virus.
Each mask comes with a filter to be used once. These types of filters can be purchased separately here. However the mask can be used without a filter or simply with a filter from the average kitchen paper towel. An average kitchen paper towel has a filter system of approximately N70. Note that there are two small holes at the bottom of the mask so you can fit any type of filter.
Our masks have surgical ties that help hold the mask nice and tight to your face, a wire nose piece so it fits tightly to your nose and the 3 layer filter system.
Ethically made in NZ
Our #goodfacemasks are made through our unique homework force that enables the vulnerable to work. We are here to help protect you but also to keep the vulnerable in work. The projections for our current situation and our economic recovery after the outbreak shows that many people will be out of work and specially those who are already vulnerable. Let's keep people in work together.
- Please ensure you wash the mask before use
- Before using it make sure you have washed your hands
- Please ensure you follow the instruction card carefully
- If instructions are not followed carefully the mask can do more damage than good
- Once mask is on your face, do not touch it again
- When you take off the mask, clean immediately and wash your hands
- 100% reusable and washable
- 100% made in New Zealand (excluding the filter)
- Fun unique organic patterns
- 3 layer filter system
- Surgical ties to fit the face well and molding around the nose. You can remove these ties if you do not wish to use them.
- The masks are not medical grade and wearing this alone will not protect the wearer.
You may also like to purchase our Facemask carry bag to ensure your facemask is not contaminated or you do not contaminate others. To purchase your Facemask carry bag click here.
Our mask is not intended to replace surgical face masks and it is not PPE certified. The filters are tested in house but as a whole it has not been tested.
Please hand wash your mask. If you are going to machine wash your mask make sure you put it in a laundry bag to protect the surgical ties.
Adult large (normal to large face)
Mask =19cm x 15cm, Ear to Ear = 33cm
Adult medium (small face)
Mask = 17cm x 12cm. Ear to Ear = 28cm
Child one size
Mask = 16cm x 12cm Ear to Ear = 28cm
Please also note that the adult medium is very similar size to a child size. But due to the surgical ties the child masks can be made smaller/tighter for a child face, making the #goodfacemask the most versatile design on the market.
Please read the Ministry of Health website on general guidelines and in particular on child masks. It is also recommended that a mask is only worn by children 2 and above.
(Ear to ear measurement includes the elastic measure). Our masks are all handmade so sizes may vary slightly. Please choose carefully as there are no refunds for the facemask for health reasons.
NB Mixed dark options come in one of our dark colour options. The mixed light will come in one of our light colour options (this includes florals). So you will receive whatever design we have in stock. However we have shown above the types of fabrics on this listing. The fabrics will continually change and will not always show on this listing.
We have today put up specific fabric designs for you to also chose from. (29 Sept 2020)