The #goodfacemask brought to you by Munch - doing our little bit to protect you and our community while bringing purposeful work to our homework team of sewists and makers.
- 3 layer mask
- Open sourced design by a Dr in Hong Kong
- 100% reusable and washable
- 100% made in New Zealand (excluding the filter)
- Fun unique organic patterns
- 3 layer filter system
- Attachable surgical ties to fit the face well. You can remove these ties if you do not wish to use them.
- NZ made flat nose wire so can be molded close to the face (great bonus if you wear glasses)
- Our mask is not intended to replace surgical face masks and it is not PPE certified - the filters are tested but as a whole three layer mask it has not been tested.
Each mask comes with a free filter to be used once. These types of filters can be purchased separately here.
Adult large (approx)
Mask =18.5cm (nose to chin), 37cm (back of ear to back of ear)
Adult medium (approx)
Mask = 16cm (nose to chin), 34cm (back of ear to back of ear)
Child one size (approx)
Mask = 15cm (nose to chin), 32cm (back of ear to back of ear)
Ear to ear measurement includes the elastic measure.
The above sizes are approximate as it may change due to fabric and the different home sewers we work with. If you are finding that it is to big, we suggest you tie knots in the elastic to bring the mask closer to your face. Also if you use the attachable ties that will bring your mask closer to your face too.
Please hand wash your mask. If you are going to machine wash your mask make sure you put it in a laundry bag to protect the attachable surgical ties. Also don't forget to wash your mask in a hot wash before using them as there will be some shrinkage.
Note on colours
Many colour prints are available - use the dropdown above to choose and check the print shown in the picture. If you choose 'Mixed dark' options come in one of our dark colour options. The 'mixed light' will come in one of our light colour options (this includes florals).
Facemask carry bag click here.
Facemask wash bags, stainless steel pegs, dryer balls Click here for the dryer balls. Click here for washbags. Or if you are drying them outside try our Munch stainless steel pegs. Click here.
Facemask laundry soaps Click herefor more information.
MORE GOVERNMENT ISSUED GUIDELINES
Guidelines on hygiene and using face coverings:
- Please ensure you wash the mask before use
- Before using it make sure you have washed your hands
- Please ensure you follow the instruction card carefully
- If instructions are not followed carefully the mask can do more damage than good
- Once mask is on your face, do not touch it again
- When you take off the mask, clean immediately and wash your hands
Basic measures are the most important way to stop the spread of infections. This includes:
- hand hygiene – that is, washing hands regularly with soap and water, or cleansing with hand sanitiser
- staying at home if you are sick
- coughing or sneezing into a tissue or your elbow and then performing hand hygiene
- cleaning surfaces regularly
However the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), such as face masks can contribute to the reduction of the spread of infection when used correctly and in the appropriate context. (Ministry of Health)