The Good Facemask by MunchMunch
The #goodfacemask brought to you by Munch - doing our little bit to protect you and our community while bringing purposeful work to our homework team of sewists and makers.
Our masks have attachable surgical ties that help hold the mask nice and tight to your face or you an detach them if you do not wish to use them, a wire nose piece so it fits tightly to your nose and the 3 layer filter system.
Ethically made in NZ
Our #goodfacemasks are made through our unique homework force that enables the vulnerable to work. We are here to help protect you but also to keep the vulnerable in work. The projections for our current situation and our economic recovery after the outbreak shows that many people will be out of work and specially those who are already vulnerable. Let's keep people in work together.
- 100% reusable and washable
- 100% made in New Zealand (excluding the filter)
- Fun unique organic patterns
- 3 layer filter system
- Surgical ties to fit the face well and molding around the nose. You can remove these ties if you do not wish to use them.
- The masks are not medical grade and wearing this alone will not protect the wearer.
- Our mask is not intended to replace surgical face masks and it is not PPE certified - the filters are tested but as a whole three layer mask it has not been tested.
Each mask comes with a filter to be used once. These types of filters can be purchased separately here. However the mask can be used without a filter or simply with a filter from the average kitchen paper towel. An average kitchen paper towel has a filter system of approximately N70. Note that there are two small holes at the bottom of the mask so you can fit any type of filter.
Our reusable face masks help to:
- Reduce anxiety levels when visiting essential services or outdoors
- Minimizes face touching
- If you are unwell or you do not know you are unwell, it will capture droplets and therefore protect others
- Protects our environment as the good facemask is reusable and washable rather than destined for landfill after one use
Adult large (approx)
Mask =18.5cm (nose to chin), 37cm (back of ear to back of ear)
Adult medium (approx)
Mask = 16cm (nose to chin), 34cm (back of ear to back of ear)
Child one size (approx)
Mask = 15cm (nose to chin), 32cm (back of ear to back of ear)
Ear to ear measurement includes the elastic measure.
The above sizes are approximate as it may change due to fabric and the different home sewers we work with. If you are finding that it is to big, we suggest you tie knots in the elastic to bring the mask closer to your face. Also if you use the attachable ties that will bring your mask closer to your face too.
If you are finding that it is too small, your attachable ties will be more comfortable. Also don't forget to wash your mask in a hot wash before using them as there will be some shrinkage.
Please hand wash your mask. If you are going to machine wash your mask make sure you put it in a laundry bag to protect the attachable surgical ties.
Note on colours
Many colour prints are available - use the dropdown above to choose and check the print shown in the picture. If you choose 'Mixed dark' options come in one of our dark colour options. The 'mixed light' will come in one of our light colour options (this includes florals).
Facemask carry bag
You may also like to purchase our handmade Facemask carry bag to ensure your facemask is not contaminated or you do not contaminate others. To purchase your Facemask carry bag click here.
Facemask wash bags
The best way to wash your masks so they do not get tangled in the rest of your washing is to use a wash bag. We sell our Munch organic wash bags here. We also offer NZ Wool dryer balls to help dry your masks quickly. Click here for the dryer balls. Or if you are drying them outside try our Munch stainless steel pegs. Click here.
Facemask laundry soaps
It is important to keep your facemasks clean and we can help you with our natural New Zealand made laundry soaps. Just rub onto those nasty lipstick marks on your mask and then wash. A perfect stain remover soap. Click here for more information.
MORE GOVERNMENT ISSUED GUIDELINES
Guidelines on hygiene and using face coverings:
- Please ensure you wash the mask before use
- Before using it make sure you have washed your hands
- Please ensure you follow the instruction card carefully
- If instructions are not followed carefully the mask can do more damage than good
- Once mask is on your face, do not touch it again
- When you take off the mask, clean immediately and wash your hands
Basic measures are the most important way to stop the spread of infections. This includes:
- hand hygiene – that is, washing hands regularly with soap and water, or cleansing with hand sanitiser
- staying at home if you are sick
- coughing or sneezing into a tissue or your elbow and then performing hand hygiene
- cleaning surfaces regularly
However the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), such as face masks can contribute to the reduction of the spread of infection when used correctly and in the appropriate context. (Ministry of Health)
The primary purpose is minimise face touching. If we can minimise the transfer of particles from our hands to our face we may help to lower the risk of acquiring the virus.
Please read the Ministry of Health website on general guidelines and in particular on child masks. It is also recommended that a mask is only worn by children 2 and above.